Our Team of Psychologists
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE ATMOSPHERE IN THE OFFICE?
We strive to create a child and adolescent friendly office.
We have a relaxed, non-intimidating office filled with children’s art work, books, games (and treats and prizes!).
WHAT IS THE THERAPY PROCESS?
- An initial intake meeting is held with parents and child/adolescent and is typically 1.5 to 2 hours in length.
- Following this, if treatment is deemed appropriate, children are typically seen once per week for approximately 10-12 weeks. Further sessions may be required and this is determined on a case by case basis.
WHAT IS THE PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT PROCESS?
Assessments usually involve 4-5 separate appointments. These include:
- An initial intake meeting with parents
- 2-3 separate assessment sessions with the child (these are usually 2-3 hours in length)
- A final feedback meeting with parents
ARE YOUR SERVICES COVERED UNDER OHIP OR INSURANCE PLANS?
Psychological services provided in a private practice setting (like ours) are not covered under OHIP.
Psychological service fees may be partially or fully covered by extended health insurance/benefit plans through work (e.g., Manulife Financial, Sunlife Financial, Great West Life). We recommend contacting your insurance provider for further information about reimbursement.
25 Imperial Street, Suite 210 Toronto, ON M5P 1B9
Driving: This is in the Yonge and Davisville area, one block north of Davisville, running West off of Yonge.
By Subway: Davisville subway station, on the Yonge-University-Spadina Line, is located one block south of our office.
Parking: There is metered street parking on Imperial Street and Yonge Street.
Parking on side streets is usually 1 hour, please read the signs very carefully for daily parking times.
There is underground parking at 1944 Yonge St. (just south of Imperial St.)
There is also a parking lot behind Starbucks at the North East corner of Yonge and Davisville.Please note that parking behind the building (25 Imperial Street) is strictly prohibited and you will be ticketed/towed.