Our Team of Psychologists
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE ATMOSPHERE IN THE OFFICE?
We strive to create a child and adolescent friendly office. We have a relaxed, non-intimidating office filled with children’s art work, books, games (and treats and prizes!).
WHAT IS THE THERAPY PROCESS?
- An initial intake meeting is held with parents and child/adolescent and is typically 1.5 to 2 hours in length.
- Following this, if treatment is deemed appropriate, children are typically seen once per week for approximately 10-12 weeks. Further sessions may be required and this is determined on a case by case basis.
WHAT IS THE PSYCHOEDUCATIONAL ASSESSMENT PROCESS?
Assessments usually involve 4-5 separate appointments. These include:
- An initial intake meeting with parents
- 2-3 separate assessment sessions with the child (these are usually 2-3 hours in length)
- A final feedback meeting with parents
ARE YOUR SERVICES COVERED UNDER OHIP OR INSURANCE PLANS?
Psychological services provided in a private practice setting (like ours) are not covered under OHIP. Psychological service fees may be partially or fully covered by extended health insurance/benefit plans through work (e.g., Manulife Financial, Sunlife Financial, Great West Life). We recommend contacting your insurance provider for further information about reimbursement.
For general inquiries:
(416) 220-1341 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
25 Imperial Street, Suite 210 Toronto, ON M5P 1B9
Driving: This is in the Yonge and Davisville area, one block north of Davisville, running West off of Yonge.
By Subway: Davisville subway station, on the Yonge-University-Spadina Line, is located one block south of our office.
Parking: There is metered street parking on Imperial Street and Yonge Street.
Parking on side streets is usually 1 hour, please read the signs very carefully for daily parking times.
There is underground parking at 1944 Yonge St. (just south of Imperial St.)
There is also a parking lot behind Starbucks at the North East corner of Yonge and Davisville.Please note that parking behind the building (25 Imperial Street) is strictly prohibited and you will be ticketed/towed.